Logitech Media Server is customisable through add-on components called extras or plugins. LMS comes with a number of plugins already installed (see the "Server Settings -> Plugins" page of the LMS web interface to see them), and you can also install your own through that plugins page.
Many people have written their own plugins and made them available to the Squeezebox community to make use of. Join us in the 3rd Party Plugins forum for a lively discussion or get started writing your own plugin.
On LMS-Community we host a couple of plugins and applets developed by Triode and were hosted originally on Google Code and found a home here after Google pulled the plug on Google Code in 2016:
- plugin-LocalPlayer, local playback from your server computer using the Squeezelite software emulator
- plugin-DSDPlayer, plugin to listen to DSD audio files (.dff or .dsf) on LMS.
- plugin-SigGen, Signal Generator plugin for LMS.
- applet-DisplayOff, replacement for Screen Off screensaver which disables screen processing when off.
- applet-BBCRadio, listen to BBC Radio live and listen again streams on your Squeezebox.
- applet-EnhancedDigitalOutput, Logitech Touch support for external USB Dacs and up to 192kHz sampling rates with the digital output.
- applet-SetupKernelUpdater, Logitech Touch applet to install trial kernel versions to test USB audio support.
Also your plugins can have their home on LMS-Community. If you want to host your plugin repository here, please reach out on the forums.